Saturday, March 06, 2010

**~DAD TURNED 84 YESTERDAY~**

What do YOU get your dad on his birthday in a Nursing Home?!! While I was at the hospital seeing the radiation Dr. I told Jerry, "Let's go in the gift shop" and luckily for me they had this stuffed dog that looks somewhat like a hound! My dad loved his hound dogs! I remember he used to take them to shows and he would come back with purple, blue and red ribbons!I even got to go on a Foxhunt with dad and the best part I remember about that was all the hounds barking, the open fire and eating a hershey bar!! LOL I had a blessed childhood with animals everywhere around! It's a shame now I'm allergic to every animal!
Mom is still taking tests and has to do a bone marrow test Thursday alone! What rotten timing this monster CANCER has chosen. I won't be there because I start chemo Monday. This will be my first round. I have 4 altogether and don't know what to expect.I am a big scareddy cat soOOOOo keep those prayers coming for me to calm down! Thank YOU for the prayers for all my family!



That means I won't get to see my dad for 12 weeks?!! I don't know! I have a weak stomach and before I even got to dad's room down the long halls I was gagging with all the smells! and this is without chemo soOOOo I'm not sure when I will see my dad again! IF ANY OF MY COUSINS WHO PLAY MUSIC SEE THIS, PLEASE TRY AND MAKE IT OUT TO THE NURSING HOME DAD IS IN TO PLAY MUSIC FOR HIM AND THE OTHER PEEPS IN THERE!!! CALL MOM FOR THE INFO WHERE DAD IS!!!I ASKED DAD WHEN HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL IF HE WOULD LIKE THAT AND HE SAID YES!!!
SOOOOoOOoOO I don't know when I'll be back online, please keep those sweet thoughts and prayers, I'm not shy to ask because I know I need them for me and my family! Thank YOU! I will keep YOU all in my prayers too!!!!
XOOXXOXOXOOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOX
PS. I see in this pic I have dad's roommate's name and his portrait of him and his wife in my dad's pic! Please pray for Everett too, his wife was his roommate before dad. She died soOOOOo he needs your prayers too! O! The suffering I have seen!

7 Comments:

Blogger Naturegirl said...

OOPs bless your dad on his b.day!
Happy birthday to him!!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

My dear sweet Turquoise Cro you have so much to bear..I am sorry that I am just learning about the news of your family's health issues!
I am holding all of you in my prayers and I send you comfort as you yourself have your first chemo treatment.Don't worry the nurses are gentle souls and will monitor you very closely.Lay back listen to ipod visualize your many friends surrounding you with healing lights ...that's how I got through mine. love and light and wishing you complete wellness!
hugs aNNa xoxoxo
email me anytime if you need to!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Oh Cinda ~~ If I lived close to you, I would visit you Dad every day!!

I visited my Uncle when he was in a rest home every day, and also took him stuffed animals.

I will pray for you daily my dear friend. I so hope the chemo doesn't make you sick.

I'm loving on you big time sweetie!!
Love and Hugs
Wanda Mae

9:23 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Thank YOU Naturegirl darling Anna!for all the prayers, blessings and healing lights! I'll be thinking of YOU tomorrow! I am feeling calm today(Sunday) soOOOOo prayers are being answered, PRAISE YE THE LORD!!!
((((((Anna))))))

10:50 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Thank YOU Wanda my little sweet girlfriend! As I was telling Anna, I feel pretty calm today sooOOo the prayers are what is helping me settle down!!! Alleluia!! I'll be thinking of YOU too sweet woman! ((((Wanda)))))love and prayers

10:53 AM  
Blogger I recommend... said...

Just sending you a big cyber hug. Hope all is well. #2 is comin...buckle down, find your "grrrrr" face...u can do it! I KNOW u can! xo Kat

7:14 PM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Assisted living facilities are a blessing and a curse all at once. I am so grateful to have had access to two good ones for my mother before her passing but so sad and grieved that she had to suffer as she did.

I was thinking of you tonight Cinda and had to stop in and see how you and your family were doing. I see that your father is still there for you to love in your present. I'm going to write to you now with another inquiry.

Love
Annie

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home