Wednesday, December 12, 2012

***THE STAR OF EVANGELIZATION***

the one Rebecca liked
my favorite

I had to post today!! i joined in this celebration of Mary in 2010 with Rebecca and her friends. As I go back today, I see a lot of
the same peeps and some new!!! Alleluia!(those pics are 4 I used in 2010, actually I painted those 3)
   Pope Paul VI called Mary the "STAR of EVANGELIZATION"
Immediately after conceiving Jesus, she took Jesus to Elizabeth and her baby in her womb. Both Elizabeth and John accepted Jesus as their Lord and received the Holy Spirit.
     Throughout history Mary has done whatever her Son has told her and made diciples of all nations. Probably the most fruitful evangelization took place from 1531-1538 at the hill of Tepeyac, near what is now Mexico City. During those 7 years, Mary, under the title of OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE, led eight million people to give their lives to CHRIST. Over three thousand people each day for 7 years were baptized into CHRIST. In effect, Mary who prayed in the upper room before the first Christian Pentecost was used by the LORD to bring new Penecosts each day for 7 years.
  MARY, the "Star of Evangelization" will make us stars of evangelization. Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us.
   this is today's reading out of the "One Bread, One Body"book of Presentation Ministries.

6 Comments:

Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Cinda and welcome back on our final day. Soooo glad to see you. I remember all the pictures you painted in 2010. Love the very colorful Guadalupe statue. Merry Christmas and see you again soon.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

If you hadn't come to the party late, you would have missed out on so much! Thanks for joining in at the last minute, and for sharing those vibrant blue cards. I am transported to heavenly realms!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Lenora said...

Your paintings are beautiful, was not around that year so they are fresh and new to me! thank you for your post..

10:04 PM  
Blogger foxysue said...

My heart took a leap when I saw your comment, it is so good to touch down with old friends, I thought your computer was still on the blink ;~)xxx

PS Have a lovely Christmas

12:19 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

my darking cro,
your have brought me so much joy today! thank you for bringing out your vibrant marys and your love filled heart to join us!
and yes, you remember my favorite of your painting series. i hope you remember too how EVERYONE was breathless in anticipation to see your new painting each day!
all my live to you and yours. you are always in my heart.
xoxoxoxoox

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos for your art and also for your words.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home