Wednesday, June 20, 2007

IF THE DOORS OF MY HEART EVER CLOSE, I AM AS GOOD AS DEAD


when I relax I read. I checked 2 Mary Oliver books out of the library recently and here is one of my fav
"Landscape"
Isn't it plain the sheets of moss, except that they have no tougues, could lecture all day if they wanted about
spiritual patience? Isn't it clear the black oaks along the path are standing as though they were the most fragile of flowers?
Every morning I walk like this around the pond, thinking: if the doors of my heart ever close, I am as good as dead.
Every morning, so far, I'm alive. And now the crows break off from the rest of the darkness and burst up into the sky-as though
all night they had thought of what they would like their lives to be, and imagined their strong, thick wings.
Mary Oliver
Have a Blessed Wednesday and keep those heart doors open!!!xoxoxooxxooxCinda

10 Comments:

Blogger PennyBlue said...

Great quote! And YOU have a blessed Wednesday too Cro! Check out my little grad on my blog when you have a minute! Love ya!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I love this poem-and the art darling.

The cosmos are getting ready to bloom and I will take a photo as soon as I do.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

Sounds like I would VERY MUCH LoVe this book off I go to the library! Thank you! and I am pleased that you stopped and commented on the ~tribute~ I posted for Daisy who passed away recently...we just never know do we. hugs NG

11:00 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

This is an author I haven't read so I'm adding her to my list. The section you quoted is beautiful and your art piece compliments it so perfectly.

I have my doors wide open!! You're welcome to come inside.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm very much enjoying your blog and your art! Very creative! :)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Hey Cinda babe!!! I didn't know you had a blog! If you and Kat come here I will teach you for FREE!!!! lol!!!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Altered Kat said...

Cinda babe!...you came by my blog and asked about crackle tips...check out my website

www.greatmusings.com

and the "tips" section...way down at the bottom...crackle or cackle away my dear! :o)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Very nice indeed. I'm so glad to have found Mary Oliver!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I needed a Mary poem today Cinda. My heart door is wide open. :) XXOO

6:28 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

This was wonderful! And I loved the art to go with it.... It was almost as if she wrote it for you my love!

;)

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home