Wednesday, March 24, 2010

~~***CAWWWWWWW CAWWWWWWW***~~

A constant in my days, these sweet feathered friends of mine, my crows I hear every morning! They and the squirrels are waiting for me to get well sooOOOo they can get more treats!
I wanted to pop up on here to let YOU all know I'm finally doing better!!! Better before I have to go take Round#2, March 30! i NEED your prayers to calm me again! THANK YOU!!!
I told my friend chemo is like tying an old hound up and starving it!!! All YOU can do is go to your bed to the loo and sometimes try to get something down, like peaches, pears tasted great! YOU HUG your bed though until YOU get weary of the bed but that is the only place YOU feel comfortable!! PEACE and QUIET is best!!! My dear husband is the sweetest man, I'll include a tiny poem about him! at the end of this post.
There is some comedy though along the way! March 8th I went in to take my chemo at the Dr office. There is a room and 9 chairs. 7 are already taken soOOOo I sit in the recliner that is left. As soon as I sit down, I know it's a mistake! The man opposite me winked at me and then started to STARE and he wasn't going to back down soOOOOo I immediately got up and took the unrecliner chair but beside this man! I know he meant well but I wasn't in the mood to be stared at all through my first treatment which YOU are in a state of shock anyway! My sister-in-law got a big kick out of this, she said YOU still have it, even in chemo!!! Phew! The church lady I called too that has walked this breast cancer journey got a BIG laugh too!
I thought I was transported to Calcutta and was to see a vision of Mother Teresa any moment! That's how many cancer patients came in and they were taking them to the examining rooms to start the chemo til one of our chairs was vacant! I couldn't believe the suffering!! The next day I went to the hospital to take my immune shot, I sat down by a lady who was going to take her chemo. We had a moment when she reached out her hand for some comfort, just holding her hand as tears began to fill her eyes. While I was there I asked about the free turbans and a cute nurse, Peggy went and brought in a big priority box FULL OF BEAUTY FULL HOMEMADE TURBANS!! This sweet woman had sewed at least a 100 of them!!! Peggy told me to take a couple soOOOOo I did! a white one and a turquoise one!
i let my husband cut some of my hair March 14th because it was all in a rat's nest! I HOPE the birds make a nest out of my long hair! St. Patrick's Day, I felt a little stronger soOOOOo I had my son, Mario come and give me a BUZZZZZZ CUT! I did see some women coming in and patches of their hair was gone, I didn't want to see my hair fall out is why I got the buzzz! Damon who called me MOMMYSTEIN in the hospital instead of Frankenstein! LOL He brought over some good Italian restraunt fare and I tasted the spaghetti and it tasted very good sooOOOOo Jerry brought home spaghetti the next day from there, MINARDS!!! Gina, my daughter sent me Leprachan slippers and a turban too! Gina has been soOOOOOoo faithful, sending me goody bags and cards through the mail, just about every day!!!!! I was thinking the mailman truck is like a butterfly pollinating our mailboxes with SWEET TIDINGS and THOUGHTS from afar! THANK YOU!!! everyone for their gifts and wonderful cards!!! They are like SHINING LIGHTS in through the darkness!!!
I've read the Bible every day and things have made me think of our Lord suffering, when they took out my drains from my side I thought of the dear LORD when the soldier pierced his side with a sword while hanging on the cross, JOHN 19; 34Cranberry juice and grape juice taste like vinegar to me now and I thought of JOHN 19;29 GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS!!! Have a JOYFUL EASTER! My Gina is coming home Good Friday and staying about all of April!!! ALLELUIA!
O here is the poem,
"darling's footsteps"
ahhhHHHHH, the sweet sounds dear
of my darling's footsteps coming near
He likes to check on me
and my eyes delight for him to see
A touch, a stroke of my hair,
His hands make me feel more fair
I'm so weak and faint
He's like a saint
straightening my bed
kissing my head
God Bless my Jerry
a sweetest man to marry
Cro
STAY WELL MY DARLINGS AND SWEET DREAMS!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXXOXOX

11 Comments:

Anonymous rebecca said...

dear sweet you,
i hope this finds you in the loveliest of spirits. thanks you for and allegra&rebecca hug. that was incredibly SWEET!

i too would shave my head, just get it over with! i hope you post a picture of your turban. is there a pattern available? i would LOVE to make some over the moon turban for you my dear crow lover.
sending you GREAT LOVE and healing. glad you are home.
and with your family.
xoxoxoxoxo,
rebecca

6:43 PM  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

Dearest Cinda I am so sorry to hear that your chemo journey is making you sick. Remember what I did..take one day at a time. It is so comforting to have such wonderful support from your dear family too. I cut back my hair real short when I was on chemo.. one less stress..and now it's grown back!!
"Faith not fear"
dear Cinda..before you know it ..this journey shall be in the rear view mirror.
Sending you love and many prayers..
your survivor sister who now stands on SOLID ground a place I'm sure your too will be!! xoxox

5:19 PM  
Blogger Altered Kat said...

My boys (9 & 8 yrs old) shaved my head Cinda...will have to send you the pic...they love it!...they laughed.

All 3 of my guys (DH incl) have longer hair than me (still!) HA!...it comes back slowly...yours will to!

I remember the feeling about the bed all too well, sometimes still when I lay curled up on my side hugging a pillow I flashback to those chemo days of just wanting rest and sleep and how your bed is a safe haven.

Hang in there...I think of you all the time, pray for you and I KNOW you can do this.

Hugs,
Kat

6:55 PM  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

Continue feeling good my sweetie!
Glad to hear that you are catching some rays and go for a wee walk..get that oxygen flowing within the blood cells.
My big gorgeous poofy flower is::
Annabelle Hydrangea..flowers in late summer to that white and gradually turns lime green and then brown in fall. I pick and dry them at the white stage and bring indoors or tuch into spaces of Xmas tree!
Stay happy...love and light andlots of prayers. mwa!xo anna

10:53 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Dear Sweet Cinda ~~
Thanks so much for this update. I've had you in my prayers.

I did get a chuckle from you getting hit on in Chemo!

I think you will look lovely in your new turbans.


Love you so much girlfriend.
Wanda MAE

5:26 PM  
Blogger boneman said...

One crow, sorrow.
Two crows, Joy.
Three cows a wedding,
Four crows a boy.
Five crows silver,
Six crows gold.
Seven crows a secret never to be told.

(told to me by an ancient warrior woman)

7:46 AM  
Anonymous rebecca said...

dear miss crow,
i am missing you...and sending you great love.

oxoxooxoxxoox,
rebecca

9:15 AM  
Blogger LadyTulip said...

Oh Honey ~ !! ~ I'm keeping you in prayer daily, and know KNOW that all this will pass, and you will be up and dancing in NO TIME ~ !! ~

Keep your spirits up dear Cinda!! I am thinking of you and your family! ~

Hugggzz to You!!


Lauri

3:37 PM  
Blogger Altered Kat said...

Here's to hoping you can enjoy Easter somewhat...I know chemo was just the other day, hopefully you are not feeling too yucky.

Hang in there Cinda!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous rebecca said...

dear one,
you have not been around for a while.
how are you?? i send you love and care and all the new sweet life Spring is singing of.

you are close to my heart.

xoxoxoxoox,
rebecca

10:23 PM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Lots of love and prayers flying your way.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home