Sunday, March 05, 2006

B E L I E V E

Some Bloggers Blog what they are listening to and I've been listening to all kinds of music, I LOVE music!!! but right now my favorite song is by BROOKS AND DUNN! They sing this song about a young boy and an old man out on a porch swing. The old man is showing him his pictures of his closest dearest ones who have died and the boy asks him how he doesn't go crazy losing them?! The old man tells him "I raise my hands, bow my head, finding more and more truth in the words of red, this can't be, this can't be , this is all there is , can't quote the book or verse but you can't tell me it all ends in a slow riding hearst, there has to be more than this, more than you can seeeeeeeeeeeeeee" the boy grows up and goes off to school and then on the phone with his mom his mom tells him the old man has died and at the funeral you seeeeee the grown boy running though the meadows and an old dusty road back to the old man's home and there is the empty swing with an open Bible nearby, and then these words come back to him and Brooks and Dunn sing "Believe, Oh I Believe, there's more to this life than we can seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Phew! Try and catch this beautiful song on CMT!!! I heard it again on Friday, it's NO#3!!! Woooo Hoooo! sooooo It has been inspiring me to paint something more than we can seeeeeeeeee and Friday I painted this painting! and what did I turn to in the Bible, my wedding Bible has the red in it, not all Bibles have JESUS'S words in red, Chapter 6, verses 46 &47 *******Not that any man hath seen the Father,save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
my dad's 80th Birthday is today sooooooo I will be Celebrating! HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Contessa Kris said...

Just beautiful! Looks like an angel!

9:48 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Thanks!!! contessa Kris! My pic is fuzzzzzzzzzzzzzy wuzzzzzzzzzzzzy but yes! it's an angel!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I like this white paint! Can't wait to see more.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Everlasting Life. Beautifully written & painted -- I see an angel. Happy Birthday, DAD!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww, this is one of my favorite pieces. As soon as I saw, my sight excploded by the image and I truly believed.
Supurb job on this one hon!
a.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home