Wednesday, September 20, 2006

THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND


i thought they'd NEVER END!
LOL i LOVE this old pic, i can't seem to get it very good but it's of my dad, my brother Barry and me having a hard time holding onto that rambunctious sheep! I grew up on a farm and we had 20 some dogs at a time sometimes because my dad went fox hunting on these hills of West Virginia and he had lots of hounds and then they would give birth and i remember a lot of dogs laying around! You think it would have been smelly but it wasn't! Yes, we had a few sheep too+ a cat or 2 or 3! ,chickens, ducks, maybe a pig or two and lots of red and white hereford cattle! I can't figure out why i am allergic to all of them now!!! My favorite place in all the world was at this old home place! As i got older I went upon the hill behind our house a lot! I would build these little cabins out of all the already fallen trees and branches and make a fire and have tea or coffee! It was a grand time to be alive! I loved being among the trees! They were always there for me! lol my dearest friends! in those days! Them and the cattle heard my cries and my most joyous singing! There was this great big rock up there and it was my stage! I would climb on top and sing "The hills are alive with the sound of music!" lol and other songs, i wonder if anyone ever heard me! I miss being upon that hill! I'm going to have to go out there and go up there soon!!! well, I am posting this link too tonight sooooooo YOU can maybe whip something up for Bernie Berlin's Art Auction. She is the animals angel rescueing them and finding them homes. I have to get busy myself sooooo go to this link at the bottom, the auction will be on eBay in November and you have til October 25th to get your art in to help this sweet angel and all her sweet furries! It's a Call for ART for "A PLACE TO BARK" her shelter(meow too, she has kitties too!) and sweet dreams! and Thank YOU for your prayers! xoxoxox
http://aplacetobark.blogspot.com/2006/09/call-for-art-for-place-to-bark.html

6 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

I wish I had a hill like that.
Thanks for your comment. Your collages are beautiful. They remind me Wangechi Mutu's pieces, one of my favorite contemporary fine artists.

Here is a gallery of some of her work, if you're interested in checking in out. Collage is such a fascinating art to me, to be able to fragment something, and then reconstruct that fragmentation to make it your own is truly a gift.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Great picture Cinda! Keep looking for hills to climb and sing on :)

I'll check out the link. Thanks!

XXOO

12:01 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Did we all have our own version of a stage where we sang into the universe not caring who heard?

I did...something I would never do now, now I know better, that someone always hears and thinks you're crazy or sound horrible and now we care...too much

I think we need more hills and rock stages and a megaphone or two!

love you
xxxd

1:42 PM  
Blogger Belinha Fernandes said...

Hello!I got my laptop back today!I'm so happy!I was going crazy without it (more than 3 weeks)and Internet!I survived doing a lot of paper cutting!I have plenty of new collage work- 21 new collages are waiting to be scanned.(But some aren't so good)Unfortunately I lost a lot of information, photos, scanned collages... I really should backup EVERYTHING but I forget that too easily ...and trust too much in luck.It's second time it happens.A lot of work lost.All my Corel illustrations are lost.When I learned about it I almost went sick.It's hard work.And I'm starting.Well, I will start again!!I missed contact with the "usual suspects" of my blog.I don't know when I'll start updating because things aren't 100% yet.My modem (a friend borrowed the one I'm using)is also ruined and I must get a new one.A lot of money going out...........Uff!Check you soon!

2:53 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

OK! Belinha!!! Sooooo GREAT!!! to hear from YOU again and I am soooo sorry for all your PC troubles!!! Happy Week-end and keep creating, I know YOU will!!! xoxoxoxo

11:10 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

your childhood sounded so blessed and natural and beautiful.

i do think you should return to that hill and sing that song. it is one of my favorites!

lovely picture.

xoxoxo

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home