Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I WISH YOU WONDER for Poetry Thursday



"Love of the Great Body"
by Cro
I loved
the body
Every summer
I would come and enjoy
although one summer,
the body
almost claimed my life
I even saw
an illusion
of a skeleton sitting on a throne!
in the deep of the home of the body
I called him
KING of DEATH
too bad KING***it was a SWEET summer!
I was the QUEEN of LIFE!
I had to fight for my life
That beautiful day
No-one knew
the danger I was in
As i finally got to shore
I was almost running up the beach
to my family, the real wondrous love of my life!
It was like walking for the first time,
a freedom was just had, a celebration of my soul
I was sooooo GLAD and kind of in shock
at what had just happened and what could have
happened!
That night, there was a price to pay
I chilled and was very sick
Sunburn will do this
My body
had been captive by the Great Body
for just a little while
but the memory
has lasted a lifetime
The body of course
was the VASTNESS AND BEAUTY of
THE OCEAN*********i THINK love of family saved me that day and the ocean taught me to not take anything for granted and it is very STRONG****I think the OCEAN should be a WONDER of the WORLD... i LOVE THE oCEAN, don't YOU??? It is so comforting to sit by the ocean and listen to the waves of life. Here is a list of the ancient 7 Wonders of the World**** I thought THE LEANING TOWER OF PISA was one! and it actually is Thursday here in West Virginia, the time is 1:47 a.m. sweet dreams!
http://www.cnn.com/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/9705/seven.wonders/

9 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Oh my Cro, such a scary day! I love the ocean but from a far because it took my mother away. I'm glad you're here!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Hi, Cro! I always love your exhuberance. You are always full of color and spice, and I enjoy visiting here! Interesting!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Wow, I almost drowned too and ever since that day, I have a new respect for 'the body'

So glad you are here, love you sweetie pie:)

XxxDarlene

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vivid...I kinda sensed you were the Queen of life..even before reading this. Color and spice..Pepek is right on the money!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Wow

very intense dear one

Hugs and kisses

8:27 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Wow! I do love the ocean, but that's a scary thing. Thanks for sharing your story - your poem.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That must've been one scary venture. Glad you lived to tell the tale!

Thanks for your visit.

I've enjoyed visiting your blog - lots of colour and pizzaz!

11:43 PM  
Blogger yioeng said...

hey tuquoise... that was really amazing...i loved it both as a tale and as a poem,especially the line like walking for the first time, i liked it a lot... it's very simple but totally depicts that feeling you want to impart to your readers of appreciation and excitment that you made it against the ocean and ur alive. as regards my poem i participated again although it took me a lot of time to love my poem because i have doubts if it' s objectively good. anyway i'd love to find out ur opinion and thanks for being that fervent fan of my writtings... you are a fan don't you? ok just kittin see ya

2:07 AM  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

I love your collages!!! Really lovely!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home