Friday, March 10, 2006

INVITATION TO TEA & A RHYME OR TWO

Michelle's Blog got me inspited!!! Her beautiful china and all those beautiful words!!! Let's do an experiment here today! We'll start simple and it doesn't even have to rhyme!!! Just a connection and I seeeeeeeeeeeee that all the time when I go visiting other Blogs!!! soooo I'll start it off(here's a picture of my old tea kettle I got at a yard sale and my FAVORITE CUPS! don't you use the same ones time and time again whatever is my mood! When I'm missing Misty Mawn,(I got to meet this lovely creature last year!!! wooo hooo!) I use her beautiful pottery cups, the light brown and green!!! and the stacked ones I got on eBay! LOL) At the end of all the comments, hopefully you will tell someone else because I don't have much traffic here! LOL soooooo at the end of all the comments I will compile OUR POEM!!! wOOOO HOOOO!
LET ME START! *******An old teakettle
among friends,
Here I am, drinking tea
Like my old teakettle,
my favorite cups
I like to have all around me
I'm inviting you over, YOU!!!
to share a line
or two,
Hope you come

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh fun - I'll play! Thanks for the invite ~

and exerience the warmth
of the tea -
the warm conversations.
Sipping tea
feet propped up
a purring cat on your lap
not a care.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

put your hair up, or put it down --
doesn't really matter as long as you come around.
wait for the boil, see the steam --
don't wait and watch, if you know what I mean!
ok -- it's hot, pour over the bags and let them seep.
today it's about friends the kind we keep.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

ps -- thanks for the rhyming fun...and the link! LOL!!

Have a sweet weekend.

4:55 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Maybe you would rather have some coffee, thanks for coming, do you like Biscotti?!!! I hope someone else comes today to chat, that cat is soooo sweet but I'm allergic, Ah Choo! but You are right, there's nothing much sweeter than a soft purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and of course some friends are keepers! Is it just us three? Where on Earth could everyone be?

5:13 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

coffee, tea, red wine, white russians, sierra nevada....doesn't really matter! love ya CRO

AAAAHHH CHOOOO! ONE...THAT's ONE SNEEZE! AHHH HHHHAAA HHHHAAAA (say it in the Count's voice) That's a bit of my 3 year old's humor!!!! LOL!!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

MMMM Vicki! Do you want a White Russian??? I have one Sierra left I think! Want to split it 3 ways, Cheryl can't have any! When is the baby due? and Michelle, I know you'll love this cheese, it's from Amish country! la vie en rose, isn't that melodious???!! Take a picture of us with your new camera girly!LOL

7:28 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

and that Count is still around?!!!LOL i wonder how old he is??!!!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

for the moment all that matters
is this tribal meeting
where

7:33 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Yayyyyy! Thea has come!!! The more the merrier they say! I do believe it today!! I'm in West Virginia, and that Vicki is in Idaho! What would you like, coffee or tea or both? Wine?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

So maybe I'm a little late, but, better late than never, right???

Here's my go at poetry...

An old teakettle among friends
Brings 2, 3, 4 or more
For the warmth that has no end.

To the warmth of home and heart
We gather together, we many friends,
Such love and laughter 'til time to part.

So drink a cup
Or two or three
For when together
The mind is free.

*BTW-I think this is the coolest idea!

4:06 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Hey LLL!!! Glad you came, yes, better late than never!!LOL and maybe we can do this again and you can be the Hostess!!!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home