Friday, August 25, 2006

PICKIN' AND A GRINNIN'




yeeeeeeee-hawwwwwwww! Yesterday, o, Yesterday, life was such an easy game to play, OOOOOOOOoooo Yesterday!
Yesterday, Thursday, My dad(he's 80), my mom, my grandma Garnet's 2 daughters,Aunt Patty and Aunt Judy, a friend of Grandma's, Mariah, my second cousins Eddie and PG, my third cousins, Donnie and Chris, and last but not least my little fourth cousin, Jerrod had a SUBLIME day!!! 5 generations of Davissons!
We all went to the Sunbridge Nursing Home to be with my Grandma Garnet (she is 98)and Aunt Zelma. They couldn't attend this year's Davisson Reunion soooooooooo my dad(he's the fiddle player!) and cousins brought the sweet music to them! We had a pretty large audience, wheelchairs lined up, patients down the hall heard the music and made their way in, aides even enJOYing all this music! Even my little cousin Jerrod sang a couple of songs!!! My dad asked me " I wonder who enJOYed it the most, the musicians or the audience" I think everyone had a merry old time! Lots of the patients sang along, stomped their feet and clapped their hands!! Look what Grandma had on!!!! A turquoise sweater! Woooo Hooooo! sooooo pretty, she would look sad sometimes, I think she was thinking about being able to going home but she is well taken care of there and plenty of visitors visit to make sure she doesn't get down in the dumps! Hope you have a merry week-end, try to include some sweet music!!! Be kind and don't forget to smile! and if being kind to someone doesn't work, pray for them! if YOU find yourself growing angry at someone, pray for him----anger cannot live in an atmosphere of prayer****W.T. McElroy.....xoxoooxo

7 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

What a blessing you all were to that dwelling on that day :)

I love your pig tails and Grandma is pretty hot for 98!

Good genes in your family and your future :)

love you
hugs
for
the
weekend

(((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

xxx d

3:46 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Your Grandma looks wonderful for her age. What a thoughtful gift you gave her and everyone there.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Zorana said...

What a wonderful day! Your Grandma is beautiful! You too!
Happy weekend!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Mauricio said...

Hello Turquoise,

Congratulations!!

Wonderfull Family

see you

my best

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how wonderful so many of your family enjoyed laughs, music, and most of all each other! amazing genes.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

What a special celebration! You would have had to drag my hubby out of there!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

You are so pretty lovely one.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home