Monday, October 09, 2006

WHEEEEEE!!! SUNDAY DRIVE WITH MOM AND DAD



wHAT a great time I had yesterday!!!! Sunday morning, my mom and dad came to pick Jerry and I up for a Sunday drive! Woooo Hoooooo! We sure had a great time! Mom drives kind of fast but it was all good! We all had to drink COKE though when we came home! You should have seen the HAIRPIN CURVES we were on! but it was sooooooooo RELAXING!!! and the trees have began to turn but they haven't reached their peak yet! That's why dad wants to go back and we saw this barn while we were traveling soooo fast but it was one of those MAIL POUCH barns and dad wants a pic of that too! Dad wants to go again and soon! We went clear up to Kingwood to seeeeeeeeee some cousins in a Nursing Home, kind of sad, then we drove by this old, old hospital where my mom's parents had been in, also her sister for TB back in the day! I didn't know they wouldn't let mom in here, she had to go to a TB hospital in Beckley, West Virginia. That's where I was born! Poor mom! She didn't get to keep me with her in the hospital, my Grandma Garnet had to take care of me and an aunt and uncle took care of my 2 year old brother! I think for about 6 months! Oh well, everything turned out alright! My parents finally bought an old farmhouse and lots of land! I had a great childhood living among all the animals!!! Many hound dogs, cats, turkeys, chickens, a few pigs, ducks,sheep and lots and lots of cattle!+ your wild ones, squirrels, chipmunks, possum, foxes, raccoon, deer!and my sweet dear favorites, the crows Cawing me to come out and play!!!and to hurry up and feed them too! Red hereford cattle my dad would want you to know! My dad has come such a long way since the first of the year! We can't believe it! soooooo if they want to take another drive, I'm going! We also stopped at Cool Springs, it was at the bottom of Cheat Mountain(i think!) Lots of bikers were there......we wanted to stop here but didn't know we were that close but I recognized the old train in the background as we almost sped by!!! I excitedly yelled out, We're at Cool Springs!!! It's funny how you remember something when you were little and then seeeeeeeeeee it again when you are grown! This place was the most amazing place back in the day but now it is a little run down, and kind of dark inside! Dad got him some Strawberry butter jam and mom got some horehound candies! I just bought some wooden postcards! They had some Davy Crocket hats in there still and Indian slippers, soooooo many odds and ends! Phew! It would make you chuckle! I should have taken more pics! Maybe next time! Have YOU taken a drive lately!?

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

I can't wait for you to take this drive again! It sounds like a wonderful trip down memory lane that is amazingly beautiful -- mix that with family and it doesn't get any better! Yeaah, for you Dad doing so well -- all your prayers, Cinda.

XO

1:08 PM  
Blogger Zorana said...

Your day sounds lovely! Beautiful colors! Love the photos!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

It sounds like you had a great time! I had to giggle at mom's driving and the need for coke. I see where your love for critters comes from.
BIG HUGS

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home