Saturday, March 11, 2006

THANKS TO MY LITTLE TEA MATES!

As we all know life isn't all the time pretty! With elderly parents, mom is 75 soon and dad just turned 80. They have gotten along pretty good up until now, these last 2 weeks, the SHIT has hit the fan! I knew it was going to come and come soon! Dad has Parkinson's + some other health problems and mom has to have oxygen at night. Mom calls these years "Twilight Zone" years, not" Golden years! " LOL We are now faced with an uncertain future, assisted living? It looks like that is going to have to be since they own this rancher out in the country with oodles and oodles of grass to be cut, ect, ect. and dad isn't able to do any of that now! Sooooo, this is a new road I am starting on and I was GLAD to be able to have a little sweet tea, coffee party get together yesterday!!! Thanks! to all that came! It took my mind off of all this if only for a little while and it was FUN! Thanks! again and Thea! You have won the door prize!!! Write to bluebirddreamer@aol.com with your address if you want it!!! Whenever I have a get together I loved giving a doorprize! Phew and Michelle, i have something for you too, and Cheryl, please let me know your due date, I want to send your baby a little gift! and Vicki! Yours is already in the mail! HAPPY SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

So I was a little late...but I left a verse!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Zorana said...

What a beautiful photo! Sorry that I missed the tea party, but I can't write anything... that's why I use quotes all the time. I wish you strength and patience on the new road. It's not easy seeing our parents getting old.

8:11 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Thanks! Lori and Zorana! Yesss, I know I'm not the only one on this road, I have some friends who are with me on this road, the road we all have to travel on sooner or later! It just seems like sometimes we are alone on it! Yes! It was very pretty out yesterday here in WV, a hint of Spring!!! Yayyyy!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

I'm sorry you are going through this very difficult time. I'd like to echo Zorana in wishing you strength and patience...and to know that you are not alone. Your spirituality and positive cheerfulness will certainly help your family...and please invite me to tea anytime you need an escape! Hope you're having a sweet weekend.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXXO

ok, this is weird....but i think it's a telling cyber message....my word verification is:
"cando" that is for YOU!

7:47 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Hey Vickster! Thanks!!! for that word verification message!!! LOL a lot of people would miss that! I think that's why we have such a sweet connection is we are very aware of our environment! I'm soooo glad to have you in my environment!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home