Friday, April 13, 2007

MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL EEEEEEEK!




i'M COMBINING Self Portrait Tuesday and Inspiration Thursday all on a Friday, Friday the 13th!!! Are YOU a victim of paraskevidekatriaphobia??? PHEW! That's the fear of Friday the 13th. Some say most people afraid of Friday the 13th are fearful of the number 13 in general. That is referred to as triskaidekaphobia!
For the Self Portrait Challenge this week, I wanted to show my NECK! Did anyone else seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Oprah when they talked about this, how as you grow older something happens to your neck??? Phew! It's called old age I guess! I'm getting up there and my NECK is showing my ageiness!!! I've got to STOP buying all these pretty necklaces (Thank YOU Allison Shrine, Thea and the last necklace purchase I made is that gorgeous butterfly pendant by sweet Georgia!) Does anyone know how to slow this NECK thingie down, is there exercises??? although I am trying to shed some of those winter pounds that crept upon me! Maybe losing weight will help! I sure HOPE so! Oh well, my poem for Poetry Thursday tells it like it is! The prompt this week was "Drop a LINE" taking a line from someone else's poem. I took Desert Rat's line(it's in purple)YOU can check her poem out here***http://www.celticharper.com/blog/ ***The chocolate mint and patchouli caught my eye! PATCHOULI is my FAV scent!
OLD AGE
IS CREEPING UP ON ME
WILL I ENJOY JUST BEING A SAGE
WHEN MY LOOKS ARE GONE, OH WOE IS ME!
hEEEE HAW, ha! KICK SOME SENSE INTO ME WITH THAT HOOF
BEING ALIVE WITH MY WRINKLES
IS BETTER THAN BOMBS BEING DROPPED ON THE ROOF!!!
THANK GOD! I'VE STILL GOT MY SHINGLES!!!
Cro
ps. SWEET DREAMS!
yES! i KNOW, I KNOW! My bangs are needing a trim! I might get brave and get a short do! xoxoxoxoxox Does that hat look stupid on me, is it too youngish??? It was only 50 CENTS!!!!!!!phew!

8 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

I didn't see that Oprah episode, but I know about the neck thing from looking in the mirror. Sigh...

I think you look lovely!!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I am with deb r! I think you look lovely!

I love your hat! .50 cents!? They gave you it! What a bargain! I think it looks great on you!

:)

12:02 AM  
Blogger PennyBlue said...

OH I Love Patchouli!! happy Saturday cro! I'm hoping my etsy sale will pay off today! Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer baby as I need some more cash!
Cool pics! I am so behind on SPC!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

A short hairdo would show all of that beauty! I did it and I'll never go back ;) It gives you a longer neck too. lol XXOO

12:08 PM  
Blogger Pam Aries said...

You are making me Laugh, girl! I just came from Angela's blog where I saw your comment...and realized I haven't blogged to you in a while! Sometimes I ferget..that goes right along with the neck thang! (those aren't typos, haha!)Aging sucks!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

cool photos!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

the hat is perfect, the necks (mine, too) will just have to do, if we project confidence and ignore it, so will everyone else. . . they will look at your hat and hair. Isn't that how it works?

8:23 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I think you look fabulous darling.

The necklace looks devine on you. I have had similar feelings about my neck recently.

Remember aging is beautiful.

IU am trying too;)

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home