Sunday, December 09, 2007

***SUGAR AND SPICE BUT NOT EVERYTHING IS NICE***



Aren't those little tiny glittery sugar cubes the SWEETEST??!!!!! i got these the 6th of December, the same day Vanessa V showed us her A Fanciful Twistwhimsical glittery BEAUTY FULL glittery pink house she made!!!**** I was geared up to start my glittery house soon!!! Friday morning brought an ambulance and firetruck across the street from where I live and that dreaded DEATH took my sweet little neighbor away!!! I always saw John and we waved at our mailboxes! His wife and him take in stray cats soOOoooOoooOO they have 13!!! I seeeeeeeeeeee some of them over here on my hill roaming, climbing trees and hunting and sometimes fighting!!! Scat! tee hee I baked 2 messes of cookies and took them over a while ago and his wife looks like she is lost. I am soO sad.....thinking of her over there by herself breaks my heart, at least she has those sweet 13 cats!!! Her daughter has an angel's voice, she'll take good care of her and I will have to get her mail now every day I think. She can't walk that well and with winter, UG!!!
O! and LOOK at those lovebirds!!!!!! We went out Saturday, December 8th to CELEBRATE their 60 years of marriage!!! I was determined to really enJOY these moments with my mom and dad. My son, Damon and his gal Natalie surprised us and joined us for a sweet dinner!!!
I'll give YOU the recipe for those M&M cookies! It is a recipe from the 80's probably!!! 70's??? Phew! Who knows, but it is old but my family LOVES em!!!
it says,
M&M CANDIES
SUPER COOKIES
1 package (150z plain or peanut Choc.candies)
1Cmargarine(I use butter)
3/4 C granulated sugar
" " brown sugar
2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2, 1/2 C flour, 1/2 tsp. soda, 1/2 tsp salt(I never use this) 1 C chopped nuts if desired,(I LOVE walnuts!)
Coarsely chop 1, 1/2 cups candies, reserve whole pieces for decoration. Beat together all ingredients. Stir in chopped candies(I use choco.chips too!) and nuts last. Drop by rounded tablespoon on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-11 min. Remove from oven, immediately press 3(more for me!!! tee hee) reserved candies into top of each cookie. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 5 dozen cookies! Yeah right! Mine must be bigger because I get about 2 1/2 dozen! LOLPink Rose Pastries
if YOU follow this link ABOVE*********************************look on the left hand side for the winner of NOVEMBER!!! WOOT!!!!! I really LOVE those lil glitter sugar cubes!!! They LOOK soOOOOOOOOOOo pretty in my old antique sugar bowl!!! I bought this a long time ago from eBay, it didn't have a lid!!!tee hee just waiting for these sweet sugar cubes!!! HOPE YOU have some sugar in your life and sweet dreams xoxoxoxxooxoxoooxoxox, Cinda ps. enJOY every little moment!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mauricio said...

Nham....nham,,,,,,,


Nice week :o)

7:01 AM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

They look so real, and beautiful as well! I don't think glitter is in any food group unless it would be (snicker) roughage! I know, I'm bad! Cinda!

1:42 PM  
Blogger david santos said...

Hello, Turquoise.
Taste very of this post.
Good photos, good text and a good couple of more aged people.
I adored, congratulations.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

What an adorable picture. Wow! Congratulations.
Sorry to hear about you little neighbor. You are a sweetheart to care for her and take cookies!! You are a girl after my own heart!! :)

7:48 PM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Cinda. What a sweet and loving picture. Did I get that right - your neighbors? She will treasure this picture, I'm sure.

I'd comment on the sugar cubes but the story of your neighbor's passing distracts me.

Hugs
Annie

4:50 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I'm sorry about your neighbor Cinda.

Your parents look very much in love...too cute!

Loved your snowman.:)

HUGS

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home