Monday, October 25, 2010

**SUNDAY PREACHING ON A MONDAY**

Have YOU ever thought of a name YOU would have liked more than yours?!! What would it be?! I was called "ROSE" by an Ireland priest back in the 80's when he was in residence at our rectory and I love the name of Rose. I was startled and pleased at the same time he would call me by the name of Rose! Father Jude, where are YOU?!!! (By the way Mom, I do LOVE the names YOU gave to me, Cinda Rae, thank YOU!)
**********************************************
I try and take time out every day for DEVOTIONS, a time for the LORD! I pray every day but I still love to devote time to GOD, reading our Daily Booklet, called "One Bread, One Body", aNOTHER small book given to me by my sweet friend Susan who died OF Breast Cancer, called "GRACE For The Moment" by Max Lucado, a Daily Saints Book and of course the last but not least my BIBLE. I kiss the front of my Bible and just open my Bible wherever it might be. It surprises me sometimes because I go to whatever the Daily Bread or Max's book is talking about! well,
************************************************************
TODAY I am speaking of a new name for YOU!!!
the Bible verse for this is in REVELATION,2;17**
HE that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit
saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saying he that receiveth it.
***************************************************
another little booklet I like to turn it's pages every day is a little calendar I received back in 1998 called "Tea Time Thoughts"
Yesterday's saying was this;
THE TIME of business does not with me differ from the time of prayer. In the noise and clatter of my kitchen, while several persons are at the same time calling different things,I POSSESS GOD in as great tranquility as if I was upon my knees. We should establish ourselves in a sense of GOD's presence by continually conversing with him.
Brother Lawrence
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HAVE A SWEET GOD BLESS YOU DAY!!!
xoxooxoxoxooxxoxoxoxooxoxoxXOXOOXOXOXOX



for the life of me I couldn't get this photo turned right side up! Humble, keep it humble!! O! and today's quote from Tea Time Thoughts is: IT wasn't until quite late in life that I discovered how easy it is to say, "I don't know." Somerset Maugham

3 Comments:

Anonymous rebecca said...

i love you rose cro!!!!
you brighten my moment...
x0x0x0x0,
rebecca

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rose is a cute name.
I would rather like to have been called Hillingdon, or Bumgrandtoorachun.

Have a nice day, Boonie

1:02 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

dear one,

thank you for your collection of love shared on my blog today..
it just seems so right,
sharing, expressing, dressing each other in LOVE!

xoxoxoxxo,
rebecca

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home