Wednesday, December 01, 2010

~*HAIL MARY, FULL OF GRACE*~

                    It matters Not How Oft YOU kneel 
                         In attitude of Prayer so true
              Unless inside, where no man sees,
                   Your very soul is kneeling too.
                                          Mary L. O'Hara
****************************************************
        Today, I painted Mary kneeling as I imagine she did kneel a lot in prayer. Angels all around her I imagine and of course GABRIEL appeared to Mary, urging her to not be afraid after  Gabriel explained the role that Mary was to play in God's plan of salvation, Mary was surprised and troubled at his news. Luke 1:30 Mary responded, "How can this be, since I have no relations with a man!" Luke 1:34
       I LOVE the idea Rebecca has, to SLOW down in this hustle and bustle season, sharing a" Virgin a day!"Remembering what CHRISTMAS is all about!,the birth of JESUS!!! Please join us http://www.corazon.typepad.com/at Rebecca's

                                                                                    

                

8 Comments:

Blogger Spadoman said...

Awesome painting and awesome message. I agree, this project will have some lasting effects on thoughts of Christmas. Good stuff.

Peace.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Meri said...

We all have such a different approach today. Spadoman is full of encyclopedic info, you've taken a theological approach, Deb is featuring an especially pretty cemetery statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and I am irreverent. It's fun to visit everyone, because they'll all so different. Rebecca's, of course, is pure vintage Rebecca.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

I love your painting. What a great way to kick off the month of December, isn't it? The reason for the season, after all!

2:53 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

dear cro,

i love your painting....love love love this expression of love from your hands.
thank you for sharing this unique time of grace, reflection and love.

of course i would share anything with you!

xoxoxoxoxo,
rebecca

4:20 PM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Cinda, am I detecting a new emerging style. Seems like you have been moving away from big eyes and collage and have been doing more painting. I like!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Teresa aka Tess said...

I've always loved the phrase "Jesus is the reason for the Season". Beautiful painting Cinda, I love it. I get a new computer for Christmas and I will be back more often then. I am so excited. It has 3 GB of storage. Imagine all that I can do with it, just imagine. I am doing great at rehab and am walking much better. I hope you are continuing to be well and heal during this wonderful season. God be with you my dear Cinda....

7:49 PM  
Blogger Mauricio said...

Maravilhosa pintura!

4:16 AM  
Blogger deb did it said...

I LOVE YOUR PAINTING....Bravo! paint more...and oh meri...you are so right on....now I gotta go post mine!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home