Saturday, March 18, 2006

I HAVE SEEN TOO MUCH!

Did everyone have a happy St. Patrick's Day? I wanted to post today to let everyone that was concerned and left warm thoughts and good energy and prayers and well wishes that they DO HELP!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! I wanted to post a pic soooo I randomly went into a file of pics, mine are not titled just by # sooooo I was very lucky to pick this file with this picture! I made this"I've Seen Too Much" collage last year about this time of year even! I've since found it and had to throw it away because it got stuck on something else! It seems to fit the bill though 100% for what I've seen this week! Inbetween the VA Hospital and the personal nursing HOME , you can imagine what I've seen! A little sweet man had to be sent upstairs to the Hospice Ward, and I saw a little man crying out, yelling different things and then all of a sudden he said "I want a blanket!' The aide got the blanket and wrapped the warm blue blanket around the little man and he went to sleep like a baby! We spent our St. Patrick's Day at the hospital and then on to the Personal Nursing Home.We will have to adjust to these new surroundings! all concerned, dad, the nursing home staff and our family and friends!I have seen this before in these nursing homes, there is always a woman in there that loves make-up and sure enough yesterday mom and I saw a geisha! I imagine that to be me one day the way I like my make-up!There's a clown happy go lucky man in there too, he was making a sound like a train for us just to help make us laugh!The aides were trying to hush him but he said "I just have to do this a couple of times" like he knew we needed a little relief! LOL I told my mom, we have to look on the bright side because the way dad was going down hill all week we thought maybe we would be visiting him upstairs in that hospice ward! I was glad to have my dad going to this personal nursing home, glad he was alive!!! just to have him around!!! Like I told dad, "One DAY at a TIME" Yes, he was mad at mom and me! but this is to be expected. I hope Spring will perk us all back up!!! Thanks!!!! Once again for all the well wishes! It means a lot!

2 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

It sounds like a tough few days sweetheart. Sending you lots of love and prayers.

Spring has wonderful abilities to bring joy and hope.

Thinking of you.....

2:15 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

So sorry you are having to go through all of this...it's never easy! I'm dreading the day that it is my turn!

hugs, hugs, hugs!!!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home