Friday, April 07, 2006

RAINY DAY BLUES

Why shouldst thou fill today with sorrow
About tomorrow, My heart?
God watcheth all with care most true;
Doubt not that he will give thee too,
Thy part.**** by Paul Fleming
that's today's saying in this sweet little calendar booklet I got for a birthday gift from a dear friend, Glenna in 1998! It fits the bill today, well, this morning was rainy and I was sad, longing and mourning my youth! I think because my dad is probably doing the same, that's what he told his grandkids when they visited him yesterday with me "Don't get old" When I get sad like this and no-one can take it away, I turn to God! and his Bible!
I turned to Philippians If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2** Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind 3*** Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory;but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves4****Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others5*****Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus
and in Phillippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the LORD Jesus Christ (I sometimes forget this, our prayers are our conversation and they are to God sooooooo a part of us is already up in heaven, our conversations!!!!)
and then to Matthew 11:6 And blessed is he, whoever shall not be offended in me
and verse 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest and then I turned to one of my FAVORITE verses, Isaiah 55:12 FOR YE SHALL GO OUT WITH JOY, AND BE LED FORTH WITH PEACE; THE MOUNTAINS AND THE HILLS SHALL BREAK FOIRTH BEFORE YOU INTO SINGING, AND ALL THE TREES OF THE FIELD SHALL CLAP THIEIR HANDS!Isn't that
pretty??? ReaD all of Isaiah, chapter 55! soooooo SWEET!
My GOD has done it again! He has comforted me! Let him COMFORT YOU!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home