Friday, May 18, 2007

~*MAY YOU SEEEEEEE A TURTLE!*~


i have been fascinated with turtles lately! I haven't seen one since last year! or has it been 2 years? They always excite me though! You'll be seeing them in my art for a while! tee hee I'll have to go upon our hill out to the homeplace where I grew up! They were always up on our hill behind our house! I remember one summer my brother, Barry found one and he LOVED torturing me, teasing me, you know how brothers are! He said Look Cinda! He had a sweet turtle in his hands and then he threw the poor turtle down the hill as far as he could! ooOOOOOO! I still shudder as I remember it going through the air! That's all I remember though, did I find it again, I think so! Some memories you want to forget! LOL In one of the numerous books I got at that book sale was "Feng Shui, EIGHT EASY LESSONS by lILLIAN tOO and in it for longevity and good health you should have some turtles, EVEN if it is only a ceramic one because the turtle is symbolic of heavenly luck in the form of good health, protection, and support! If you have your health, YOU have everything!
I want YOU all to remember our troops overseas and especially pray for our 3 missing soldiers! and their families and comrades! Pray for their good health and protection!!!The important thing is to REACH OUT to people. TOUCH is powerful!!! We are in this together, this thing they call LIFE!!!LOVE and prayers to all of YOU!!!
Here is a pretty saying I copied off someone's Blog! I thought it was soooo pretty!
***" Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a GIFT, that is why they call it the Present." ***
Does anyone know who wrote this?! I remember going back to this person's (? Thank YOU!)Blog to copy it down so I thought I would include it today! May YOU enJOY your GIFT!!!! XOXOXOXOXXOXOOXO***HAPPY WEEK-END!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger PennyBlue said...

We had turtles. One in particular known as Miss Ivy, apparently had such a voracious appetite that she ate all the other turtles food. Needless to say she went thru quite a few companions...all of whom are now resting peacefully in the dirt of my old back yard. Bless you Turtles! And Bless you Cro! Happy Friday!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I haven't seen to many turtle's in our parts.. lol! I think that you have to buy them here. I have always found them to be interesting though!

Yes Cinda! Pray for our missing soilders and for all of our troops and their loved ones!

Have a wonderFUL weekend!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

I think my mom made me afraid of turtles as I remember her saying, don't ever pick up a turtle because all we have here are snapping turtles. Well, I found out they are really box turtles and can 'snap' if frightened, but, I'd probably have been okay. We have quite a few wild, I guess, turtles, but I'm still very respectful of the.

I do pray for our troops everyday and especially today as it is Armed Forces Day.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Mallory Matson said...

heyy! sorry it always takes me so long to get back to you! life is hectic and ca-razy :) but yeah, some of those are about me, though not all of them. a lot of them are from my experiences, and then some are from friends that ive had to watch. but all of them are teenage tragedies truely and surely. and prom was SO GREATTT!!! truely one of the best nights of my life. and thats my KIND of boyfriend with me. hopefully it will get serious soon but you never know :) it was memorable and magical<3

10:16 AM  
Blogger Georgia said...

Cinda :)

Hello lovely! I love turtles too:) Every so often I see someone selling little baby turtles off the side of the road, they are only an inch or two long! So cute.

How have you been??

xoxo
Georgia

5:06 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I don't see turtles around here but I do have a very small ceramic one. Thanks for letting us know the feng shui meaning regarding turtles.

Love the quote! Coming here is always a gift!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home