Tuesday, May 08, 2007

SOMETHING FOR ME AND SOMETHING FOR YOU!



Ahhhhh! It is soooooooo pretty in West Virginia today! I can't forget all those though who are having bad tornado and flood memories! Imagine your whole town wiped out by a tornado! Love and prayers out to them!
Over the week-end I went to our Library Book Sale! YES! I got at least over 60 books!!! for, are you ready??? $2.00!!!!!! I would have stayed longer and gotten more but Jer and I had to get home ready for church! LOL Phew! I got "The Frugal Gourmet Cooks With Wine", an older Aerobic Dancing book, a "Amelia Bedelia" book that my daughter just loved! , Robin Cook's "Seizure"(which I just about had when the guy said just $2.00!!!) Let me seee, a "Madame Bovary" a paperback, "The Color Purple", various poetry books, even one from a local poet whose daughter lives in my town!(I couldn't find any Mary Oliver Poetry books) a 1900 Farmer's Almanac, 2 Michael Crichton novels,"State Of Fear" and"Prey", "Tales of the South Pacific" by James A. Michener, a "Natural Healing" book, "letters of the Heart" and lots of those little romantic paperbacks, and numerous spiritual books! just to name a few!
My mom wanted some books too but she couldn't get to the sale because she had a cataract removed so she will be very pleasantly surprised when I take her half of these books!!! I was thinking of YOU too! Seeeeeeeeee that little book, "The Prayer of Jabez" I have one already, this one can be yours and I'll throw in another book too! Just Because! LOL I'll draw for it Friday! Leave a comment! You'll be entered in the drawing!
If YOU look very closely, YOU can maybe seeeeeeeee my beauty full visitor eating bread and trying to take 30 pieces at the same time! Talk about pressed for time, this crow wanted to hurry and get the booty, then scram! I just got this one pic! I'm going to try all summer to get some better pics of my crows! I should open up my new camera! I got for my birthday or was it Christmas?!!! I just don't have the time to read INSTRUCTIONS although I know it's a better camera! O! Here's the prayer,
The Jabez Prayer
And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying,
"Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!"
So God granted him what he requested.
1 CHRONICLES 4:10
GOOD lUCK HONEYS!!! XOXOXOX

6 Comments:

Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Holy Hannah, Cinda. You must have bought a paperbag for $2.00 and filled it to the max. At our library sales, you by a bag for $5.00 and then fill it UP. What treasures you found.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

$2.00 for 60 books! My heavenly days that is a new high for bargins! I try not to go as we are nearly pushed out of house and home by books as it is. But $2.00 for 60 books! I remember back in the fifty's when my mom and I stopped at a roadside stand and I wanted her to buy a half a bushel of green peppers for $0.50! She said, "But Mary, you don't like them and I'm allergic to them, so why would I buy them." My answer was, "because it is such a bargin!" Mom said, "Not when they'd go to waste, it's not!" Still 60 books for $2.00!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Wow! You big spender....$2.00 What a deal.
I have enjoyed the Prayers of Jabez since it first came out....and guess what..through blogging, He has inlarged my teritory....same for all of us, yes?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Pam Aries said...

Yo GIRLL!!! Long time ,no CAW! hee heh! I am so glad you stopped by! There are a lot of blogs I lost on my last PC blitz! Wow! I love your book buying Bonanza!

4:54 PM  
Blogger PennyBlue said...

Cool beans! I am a book junkie. I like the scripture too! Just what I needed. Tanks and Happy Thursday!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

$2.00 for 60... 60 books?!!

Wowzer!!

Now I call that bargain shopping!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home